The Graduate Center offers a variety of mental health services for students, free of charge. A full list of these services, and announcements about upcoming workshops and therapy groups, can be found on the Health and Wellness portion of the GC website. Below is a short list of services students may want to take advantage of:
- Individual short term one-on-one counseling sessions (typically 10-15 sessions)
- Group counseling where students can talk with others facing similar challenges (including grief and loss, navigating graduate school as a first-generation student, and groups based on identity categories including race, sexuality, gender identity, etc.)
- Academic support groups for students struggling with papers, dissertations, course work, etc.
- Metal well-being videos on various topics related to graduate student life and life during Covid-19
- Referrals for longer-term therapy with in-network or low-fee providers (NYSHIP methal health coverage is very good)